Cotton candy, also known as candy floss, is a favorite confection for many people, and no matter the age evokes wonderful childhood memories.
Cotton candy, also known as candy floss, is a favorite confection for many people, and no matter the age evokes wonderful childhood memories. Basically, it’s a pink shapeless cloud that melts in your mouth, but the joy it gives to children is priceless. And let’s be honest! It will be more fun if the cotton candy is spun into beautiful flowers. An artist shapes cotton candy into lovely multi-colored flowers that are too gorgeous to eat. He creates the beautiful flower shape by gathering different coloured sugar strands around a stick.
Materials needed: -Cotton candy machine -Sugar -Food coloring
Step by step procedure:
1. Turn the machine on fifteen minutes before starting. The correct temperature is important to extract the sugar with accurate consistency.
2. Into the spinning head add a small amount of sugar and food coloring.
3. Once the sugar is melted by the heat, it transforms into a liquid and starts to produce the floss. Once the floss begins to come out of the spinning head, reduce the heat, otherwise too much heat can clog the floss inside the spinning head.
4. Spin the sugar floss slowly around a thin stick. Add more sugar granules of different colors and repeat the same process. Wave the floss around the round shape just like a flower.
5. Take a stick and push in the outer layers of cotton candy into petals as shown in the video.
-Do not put your hand or any objects near the spinning head as it spins very quickly
-Do not add too much sugar at one time
The cotton candy machine was first invented in 1904 to produce sweet treats. Modern technology designed innovative vending machines that work automatically. Now a days, machines are designed with a spinning head and a small container for colored sugar granules. The head rim consists of heaters which melt the sugar into a semi-liquid form. It is then slowly squeezed out of tiny holes with a centrifugal force. Cotton candy is very easy to make if you have the proper machine and these machines are now available at home goods stores for a reasonable price.
Nothing compares to the fun and excitement when it comes to cotton candy. Usually these treats are found at amusement parks, circuses, festivals and movie theaters. If you want to make this at home, get a vending machine and wave the delicate sugar floss into special colorful creations.
The post Everyone loves cotton candy, but one in this shape—could you still eat it? appeared first on We Tell The Story.